As a Program Manager Landscapes in Malaysia you get the chance to make an extraordinary impact. You will be part of the discussion and get to work towards sustainable trade with various stakeholders. To contribute towards our goals in Malaysia regarding sustainable commodities and small holder farmers, we are looking for a Program Manager who can operate at the highest level. Are you up for the challenge?
You will be based in Sabah and will report directly to the Deputy Country Manager. As a Program Manager, you will oversee all aspects of programs and well-defined sequence of activities that maps out the program progress from start to completion. You will work to refine and improve our partner strategy and execution and build leadership alignment at the highest levels with partners, both at global as well as at regional level.
Your responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Translate the strategic goals into operational plans and take full responsibility for program implementation, deliverables, monitoring, reporting and evaluation on outcomes on time, within budget and within scope.
- Build partnerships necessary to secure cooperation and implementation programs through convening and facilitating stakeholder collaboration including partnerships with local governments, private sector, and civil society.
- Technical lead in proposal development, concept notes, investment committee notes, program summaries and reporting which will include delivering public presentations about landscape programs.
- Unlocking and securing private sector investment in sustainable production of palm oil and other commodities, as well as sustainable natural resource management.
- Promote a knowledge sharing and continuous learning culture among team members and program partners.
Who you are
You are analytically strong, self-directed, able and willing to work independently. You are trustworthy experienced sparring partner for internal colleagues and external stakeholders. In addition, you have excellent interpersonal skills, adapt easily to new cultures and are a strong group facilitator. You can manage change and gain commitment easily as you are able to connect to different people with different backgrounds. Working in a results-oriented, flexible, cooperative, and hands-on manner, you know how to drive the process, keep focus and discipline, guide and evolve to a successful planned outcome.
What you bring
- At least 7-10 years of relevant working experience in program development and implementation in the area of sustainable agriculture management and/or in natural resources management
- Extensive knowledge of sustainability issues in the landscape and commodities sector (such as Palm Oil), and sustainability development in respect of forest conservation.
- Proven track record and high proficiency in project management across various stages of project development and implementation (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring and completion).
- Proven ability for networking with major players in government, private sector and other stakeholders at local levels across the development sector.
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote areas in Malaysia as required.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 18 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhsustainabletrade.com
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is fulltime. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year contract but with the possibility to extend.
Please feel free to contact Allie Subramanian at email@example.com with any question about this position.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/207488/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by November 5th, 2021. Candidates are based in Malaysia and must have permission to work in Malaysia.