We are excited to be searching for a proactive and pragmatic Program Manager with an interest in Value chain sustainability to join our team, and we hope it’s you!
As Program Manager, you will coordinate technical assistance to farmer groups to develop small businesses. You will be coordinating our partnerships with relevant government entities and the private sector. In addition, you will serve as a liaison with the Forestry Development Authority and the Ministry of Agriculture.
- Participate in multi-stakeholder platforms in the oil palm, cocoa, and forestry sectors.
- Work with the M&E specialist to develop and implement a comprehensive system for gathering data related to Oil palm, Cocoa and VSLAs.
- Ensure that KPIs related to, Cocoa, Oil palm and VSLAs are properly monitored and reported on each quarter.
- Carryout an assessment of the VSLAs to identify capacity gaps and training needs related to managing the VSLAs overall.
- Develop and carryout an assessment to identify other business opportunities that the VSLAs could pursue.
- Support each VSLA to develop business plan and link them to the formal sector including local banks and microfinance institutions.
- Prepare summary reports documenting activities and outputs.
What you bring.
- Preferably a master’s degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Entrepreneurship, Economics, or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience working independently as well as within a team.
- At least 5 years of directly related experience in business plan development or feasibility studies and evaluation of project proposals.
- 5-7 years of relevant working experience in international organizations/settings, preferable in program development and implementation in sustainable agriculture management and/or in natural resources management.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching farmers groups and agribusiness or Agri-based small enterprises in preparing business plans, feasibility studies and similar projects.
- Experience working with producer groups and small businesses.
Who you are.
You are someone with a keen interest in Project management, while enjoying being involved in the various stages of project development and implementation. With this interest, you posses the ability to analyse problems and challenges while coming up and developing strong solutions.
Relationship building and good communication is a key skill that you possess along with the ability to work effectively independently, but also within a team of different backgrounds.
Furthermore, the dynamic international environment of IDH excites you.
We offer you.
A challenging, pivotal role within an impacting, international organization – and:
- A salary range between USD 3,500 and 4,300 (including communication fee), depending on your experience and competences.
For questions about this position, please contact Conrad Willars our recruiter, at email@example.com
Who we are.
IDH seeks to transform markets through collaborative innovation, convening and investment in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet. To achieve this, IDH brings together coalitions of committed stakeholders from across global value chains towards joint visions and program agendas for sustainable trade.
IDH’s international presence extends to multiple regions and landscapes, facilitated by a network of around 400 staff including experts who are embedded in key agricultural, manufacturing, apparel and commodity value chains. In 15 years of operation, IDH has mobilized private sector investment and support to test and innovate new business models designed to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
For more information, go to http://www.idhtrade.org or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English to this link: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/305300/apply
We encourage applicants to respond before 4th March, 2024.
Please note: An assessment tool can be used within this recruitment process. It is designed to ensure unbiased, skill-focused hiring. This approach doesn’t involve right or wrong answers; it’s more about evaluating your performance and determining if it aligns with the requirements of the role.
At IDH, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace every day.