In the Textile & Apparel sector non- cotton materials account for over 70% of the total material mix in textile and apparel manufacturing. IDH is working with the private sector, civil society and government to work on sector change in raw material sourcing for the sector. Towards this, IDH is expanding it’s program team and operations to scale up sector-wide impact. Are you enthused about driving sustainability in Textile & Apparel manufacturing by managing key programs, convening stakeholders and channelizing investments towards meeting such goals? Do you see yourself working and convening across the sector with functional understanding of management, finance, environmental impact and industrial technology/ operations? Do you evaluate manufacturing programs and sourcing operations against sustainable development goals and environmental impact outcomes along with relevant parameters for economic success? Have you thrived in an ever-changing and dynamic environment with passion for sustainable trade supply chains, reducing manufacturing emissions, driving environmental goals, improved livelihoods and economic impact outcomes?
We are looking for a Program Officer to build and manage our investments and projects within the textiles and manufacturing vertical at IDH.
As a program officer within the Textiles & Manufacturing Business Unit of IDH, you would support the development and implementation of projects and programs of the T&M BU in India related to sustainable manufacturing practices with a focus on Alternate materials. The person will work closely with a diverse group of stakeholders, including government (relevant ministries), private sector (brands, factories, industry associations), civil society, and technical experts. The responsibilities of the Officer relate to two main areas:
(a) initiating and coordinating the sustainable industry initiative on material waste reduction and recycling for textiles and plastics;
(b) supporting the IDH global teams on initiatives and projects related to textiles and manufacturing with a special focus on Alternate Materials and Responsible Sourcing.
The officer, based in Gurgaon, will report to the Program Manager for Textile & Manufacturing.
- As Manufacturing Program Officer, you would support the Textiles & Manufacturing Business Unit in managing and structuring a platform focused on textile waste reduction, EPR and circularity, including the convening and coordinating of stakeholder engagement, driving pilot initiatives and scaling up manufacturing operations of partners, finding innovative financing solutions alongside Brands, supply chain companies and financial institutions.
- Investment Management:- Monitoring investment disbursements and utilization by partners and projects against pre-defined KPIs and objectives of the program
- Program Support: Responsibilities will include creating concept notes, managing timely project reporting and updates, overseeing implementation of targets, conducting site visits, conducting monitoring & evaluation activities, as well as gathering, collating and conducting analysis of required
- Management of Implementation Partners: Responsible for working with the program partners to ensure the effective implementation of the work on the ground, and ensure achievement of deliverables according to IDH reporting guidelines and set
- Stakeholder engagement: Maintain connections with existing program stakeholders and supporting outreach to drive the adoption of more sustainable practices in the industry by convening key stakeholders.
- Meetings, events and workshops: Responsible for logistics, reporting and review of meetings, events and workshops between IDH and Support the planning, organization and coordination of the mentioned above meetings, events and workshops as required.
- Other Programs: The PO will report to the Program Manager for Textile & Manufacturing business unit and will be guided and expected to take up certain roles within other related programs in India as well as a part of the growth trajectory.
Who you are
You are analytically strong, self-directed, able and willing to work independently. In addition, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, adapt easily to new cultures and are a strong group facilitator.
You are an energetic, resourceful, and hands-on character who operates effectively with minimum direction. You are pro-active and agile when it comes to changing priorities, taking appropriate initiative and able to assume final responsibility for service delivery.
More than anything else, you take pride in your work and are keen to deliver high quality outputs with a strong focus on clear, effective, and efficient processes. You have a head for numbers and can analyse data and use trends to inform future strategic priorities.
Previous experience working with EPR, (textiles/plastics) waste management solutions and sustainability is a plus. You must be a team player and have strong lateral management and persuasive skills with approximately than 4-7 years plus experience.
What you bring
Candidates will be selected based on key criteria:
- Graduate in engineering, environmental studies and/or management
- 4 – 7 years of relevant work experience in program management, investment management or consulting with an understanding of social sustainability and policy impact
- Prior work experience and understanding of a manufacturing supply chain, circularity and EPR would be desirable
- Excellent project and program management skills including budgeting and reporting.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal in English, with an ability to summarize complex information in simple terms.
- Advanced critical thinking skills, with the ability to easily assess priorities and take quick action.
- Ability to manage programs with a diverse group of stakeholders with an inclusive attitude, defining common goals and implementing actions
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change.
This is a full-time position with IDH India LLP. This role is based at Gurgaon, India. We offer a competitive salary (depending on seniority and experience). Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a CV and cover letter (in English) to email@example.com