Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact? Do you want to be part of the discussion and get to work towards sustainable trade every day with various stakeholders, such as companies, producers, governments, investors, and other partners? We have an excellent opportunity for a Program Officer Landscape Portfolio Development to strengthen our Landscape team. This position will be supporting IDH landscape program in promoting green growth plan and implementing production, protection, and inclusion in the target landscapes.
The IDH Landscape Program
The IDH Landscapes program is one of IDH’s interventions to drive transformative systemic change towards sustainable trade. In the 18 landscapes in 12 countries currently part of the program, agricultural and forestry commodities are being produced at an increasing rate while problems like deforestation, water stress, biodiversity loss and soil erosion are becoming increasingly acute. IDH brings together key representatives of different interests and priorities, such as governments, large multinational companies, small and medium size local businesses, farmers, international organizations, NGOs, and civil society organizations, and helps them cooperate towards a common goal. The work is intended to disrupt and change the existing system, so that agricultural products are grown sustainably, forests and natural resources are safeguarded and restored, and communities prosper.
You will be based in Jakarta and report directly to Program Manager Landscape Portfolio Development. This position is a support role and will focus primarily on supporting Manager in performing the key responsibilities below:
- Formulate strategies and operational programs for private sector development and public private partnership (PPP) promotion in the target landscapes.
- Develop public and private partnership (PPP) portfolios to achieve sustainable landscape goals.
- Conduct policy dialogue with governments, development partners, the private sector, and other stakeholders to identify and address challenges to scaling up private sector development and PPPs.
- Perform research of new innovative financingor potensial investment project
- Provide support in the business process and developing financial agreement under co-funding scheme design.
- Provide support in preparing compelling funding/investment proposals that are relevant to YIDH’s strategy and attractive to new and existing donors, partners, or other key stakeholders.
- Finalize the process of the investment deals with donors, partners, or key stakeholders.
- Support in strong relationship buildingand managing with the players in the innovative financing and sustainable investment community.
Who you are
You are a trustworthy experienced sparring partner for internal colleagues and external stakeholders. You enjoy collaboration and teamwork, but you are also able to work independently. You can manage change and gain commitment easily as you are able to connect to different people with different backgrounds. Working in a results-oriented, flexible, cooperative, and hands-on manner, you know how to drive the process, keep focus and discipline, guide and evolve to a successful planned outcome.
You are highly proficient in spoken and written English. You have a strong verbal and written communication skills.
What you bring
- Advance degree preferably in business, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, or a comparable field of knowledge.
- 3+ years of relevant working experience in international organizations/settings, preferable experience in either business development, fundraising, and/or developing public-private partnerships.
- Strong knowledge of financial administration and budgets.
- Good experience in project and stakeholder management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially a very good working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
Who we are
IDH, the Sustainable Trade Initiative (IDH) restores flourishing markets with better jobs, better incomes and a better environment. When IDH is successful, companies rebalance the relationships between the workers they employ, the customers they serve and the planet that serves all of us.
IDH achieves this by creating public-private partnerships, and by using data to design, test and invest in more sustainable ways of doing business. IDH is headquartered in the Netherlands, with over 250 employees globally, operating in 20 value chains and sourcing regions with over 600 public and private partners. In 12 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create positive impact. This has reached 4 M farmers with access to finance or good agricultural practices; supported protection, restoration, and sustainable rehabilitation of over 550,000 hectares of agrarian landscapes; improved the working conditions and wages of over 580,500 laborers.
IDH’s work is made possible because of the funding and trust of multiple European governments and private foundations.
Yayasan Inisiatif Dagang Hijau (YIDH), a grantee of IDH Sustainable Trade Initiative (“IDH”), accelerates and up-scales sustainable trade by building impact-oriented coalitions of front running companies, civil society, governments, knowledge institutions and other stakeholders in several commodity sectors and landscapes.
What we offer
We offer a challenging position within a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As a team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year contract but with the possibility to extend.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your application letter and CV in English by using the following hyperlink:https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/285667/apply. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 12 November 2023.
For more information, go to www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.