Are you ready to join an organisation where you can make an extraordinary impact? Are you looking for a position where you get the chance to be innovating and creative and co-direct our global programs? Do you want to be part of the discussion and get to work towards sustainable trade every day with various stakeholders from Asian governments, private sector, producers and other partners? IDH has an excellent opportunity for a Regional Director to support our Asian landscapes team. We are looking for a colleague with gravitas, who is able to operate at the highest level, is very diplomatic and a mover and shaker.
As Director Asian Landscapes, you are directing IDH’s landscape program across the Asian continent. By doing so you contribute to the global Landscape Program of IDH. In this role you translate IDH’s Global Landscape strategy to Asia and make sure there is synergy and continuity between the different Landscape programs across Asia.
You will also co-direct the global program’s Business Development and Innovation work and co-lead the further strategic development of the global program.
Capitalizing on the current landscape portfolio of IDH across the world, you drive a strategic agenda which engages partners and stakeholders towards next-stage landscape transformation:
1. Creating the enabling environment and pipeline for supply chain companies to invest in sustainable production in landscapes and source directly from these landscapes;
2. Creating the enabling conditions and pipeline for investors (impact, government, mainstream) to invest in sustainable landscapes;
3. Forging partnerships at landscape level that will ensure sustainable land-use plans and policies.
To this end you lead your team with strategic knowledge, business-development (pipeline) and program implementation to reach the targets.
You are part of the management team of the business unit landscapes, reporting directly to the Global Director Landscapes. The position is a full-time position and requires extensive international travel.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of landscape programs across Asia within IDH’s Global Landscape Program;
- People management: Work directly with the country directors and managers, while also keeping all employees in the region informed and engaged on corporate, regional choices;
- Represents IDH on an international level and through this determines the brand of IDH within Asia;
- Accountable for the management and guidance of Program and Country Directors at a strategic level in the process of design and implementation of the program;
- Responsible for the expansion and maintenance of the relevant IDH network and donor base, and contributing to the further strategic development of IDH;
- Responsibility for sharing knowledge and outcomes externally and internally from the organization through events, congresses and internal presentations;
- The IDH landscape program represents one of the core deliverables for the organization. The Director Asian Landscapes shares responsibility for ensuring the involvement of the wider IDH team in the successes, the challenges and the learning of the Program.
Who you are
You are a trustworthy experienced sparring partner for internal colleagues and external stakeholders. As you are an organized and committed team player you can lead teams both through guiding and coaching with your strong interest in supply chain and landscape sustainability. You can manage change and gain commitment fairly easily as you are able to connect to different people with different backgrounds. You can make the link between the IDH ideas and the needs of our partners worldwide. Working in a results-oriented, flexible, cooperative and hands-on manner, you are committed to your and your team’s targets. As a regional director you are sensitive to all the different Asian countries we operate in and are able to gain trust with every team in the field.
What you bring
- 15+ years of relevant working experience in a senior role in an agricultural commodity firm, government agency or knowledge organization based in Asia;
- Deep knowledge and expertise in international and specifically Asian commodity supply chains, sustainable landscape development, and the reality of developing & emerging economies;
- Experience in managing and leading a team in an international setting;
- Strong senior networks in Asian agricultural commodity companies as well as in governments and multilateral partners, preferably also in knowledge institutes and civil society;
- Working and thinking at master’s level;
- Fluency in English ;
- Willingness to extensively travel internationally, at least 25% of your time.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is an organization that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 21 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. This is a full-time position. If you are willing to work at one of our country offices in Asia (Indonesia, India or Vietnam) we can offer you an IDH contract. Otherwise we offer a consultancy contract with a competitive remuneration. Candidate will be based in Asia and must have permission to work in Asia
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/143118/apply We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible. For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhsustainabletrade.com.