We are excited to be searching for an enthusiastic and reliable Senior Brands Manager to join our team, and we hope it’s you!
With rapidly rising relevance of the topic of living income, IDH wants to further innovate and test new types of interventions to be able to close the living income and wage gap with frontrunner (branded) companies in coffee, cocoa, and tea. Building on the trend of rising purpose brands IDH aims to see whether innovations in brand engagement and procurement practices that might contribute to long-term shared value can indeed lead to living income gap closure.
The Senior Brands position is embedded within the IDH Business Unit Agri-commodities Cocoa, Tea, Coffee, is part of its Management Team (MT) and reports directly into the Global Director Agri-commodities. The Senior Brands manager will be responsible for selected strategic corporate partnerships for living income and wage. You would also support the cluster leads for cocoa, tea and coffee in their interactions with brands to close living wage and income gaps. And lastly, the Senior Brands Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day stakeholder convening for the IDH Living Income Roadmap. This Roadmap fosters precompetitive multi stakeholder collaboration on living income.
Who you are.
IDH is looking for an effective, service-oriented, self-motivated, connector with leadership skills and a strong interest in supply chain sustainability. You understand how buying companies make buying decisions and have an interest in the rise of so-called purpose brands. You are not afraid further developing this newly created position in IDH and are comfortable in adjusting quickly to where you generate most energy on the topic of sustainable procurement and purpose branding. You are result oriented in achieving the agreed-on objectives within your program and not only driven to meet them, but to exceed them. You have experience in process and change management and organizing multi-stakeholder coalitions based on your networking skills and ability to share your expertise and excel in your verbal and written communication skills. As you have experience in supply chain sustainability preferably within agricultural commodity sectors, you can interact with international stakeholders, with a diversity in cultural backgrounds, in private and public sector as well as civil society. You are energetic and a fast learner, all with a good sense of humour.
What you bring.
- 8 You have a master’s degree and at least 10 years work experience in international agricultural value chains as a buyer of Agri commodities within the private sector
- You have a good understanding about the current play in living wage and living income globally and the role IDH envisions to play within it
- You can connect well to companies and civil society to develop innovative projects to accelerate sustainable procurement and purpose branding to reduce living wage and living income gaps
- You have excellent senior convening, shaping, influencing, stakeholder and program management skills combined with a good understanding of the wider international policy context
- You bring experience in project management & (financial) administration, project budgeting and monitoring and evaluation;
- Your speaking and writing communication skills are excellent or (near) native in English and preferably another frequently used language (e.g. French or Spanish). Your English communication skills are on an excellent professional level.
Above all, we expect your mindset to be all about hands-on attitude, practical and results oriented. We want you to become a pro-active sparring partner to stakeholders for overall topics – therefore, strong communication skills are really of an essence. We want you to be able to clearly exchange information via appropriate platforms to deliver reports/messages.
Are you the enthusiastic colleague we are looking for?
We offer you.
A challenging, pivotal role within an impacting, international organization – and:
- a salary range between EUR 4.200 – EUR 5.200, depending on your experience and competences;
- 40 hours work week;
- holiday allowance, pension scheme, flexible working hours, 26 holidays, travel cost allowance, etc.;
- all the work supplies you need to excellence in your role;
- an open environment where you can grow and develop yourself
- energy at our office, with our fresh sustainable coffee, fresh ginger or mint tea and a selection of fresh fruit available!
For questions about this position, please contact Debby Bastiaansen our corporate recruiter, at email@example.com or give her a call +31 6 111 83 562.
Who we are.
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. To catalyze change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 300 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible thanks to the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark, and other government donors and private foundations.
For more information, go to www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink:
We encourage applicants to respond before May 19th, 2022.
At IDH sustainable trade initiative, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace every day.