IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative
The mission of IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative is to catalyse systemic change through collaborative action and to achieve market transformation for impact at scale. IDH convenes companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships. Together we drive the joint design, co-funding and prototyping of new economically viable approaches to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. IDH is supported by multiple European governments (Dutch, Swiss, Danish and Norwegian) and we work together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 11 sectors (apparel, cotton, tea, coffee, spices, aquaculture…) and 11 landscapes in over 50 countries worldwide. IDH is a dynamic and demanding organization of about 200 staff members and permanent consultants at the Headquarter in Utrecht, the Netherlands and several overseas offices and hubs in South America, Asia and Africa.
Initiative for Sustainable Landscapes (ISLA) is an innovative approach of IDH. The heart of the Initiative is the promotion of a public – private partnership with the engagement of importers, end buyers, local authorities, civil society organizations, farmers, etc. to deal with challenges of sustainable agricultural production linked with environmental protection and social inclusion as well as market access through supply chain. Through our PPI approach, IDH create areas where agricultural products are grown sustainably (Production), forests and natural resources are safeguarded (Protection), and communities thrive (Inclusion). In Vietnam, ISLA program started in 2014 and since then has matured in 4 district-level Compacts in Dak Lak and Lam Dong provinces. The program aims at collaborating with international and local companies, public authorities and relevant NGOs to upscale and replicate the landscape approaches linked with SourceUp platform in Central Highlands provinces, thus deliver on Better Environment and Better Income impact themes.
To strengthen its communication and branding roadmap in Vietnam, IDH is recruiting a
Senior Communication Officer – Vietnam
IDH is currently looking for candidates for the position of Communication Officer (CO) to provide consultancy services in respect of the development of IDH´s ISLA and Coffee programs in Vietnam. The position will be responsible to create and execute a robust communication strategy and workplan around Vietnam landscape program linking with SourceUp platform for the period of 2021-2025 to better position IDH’s landscape and coffee programs nationally and internationally.
The position will report to ISLA Vietnam Senior Program Manager.
- Develop the communication roadmap and workplan 2021-2025 for Landscapes programs in Vietnam and Indonesia, linking with SourceUp platform through liaising with IDH programs and communication teams
- Raise the profile of IDH Vietnam landscape and coffee programs through national PR and media, and through major events and conferences (internal and external).
- Build a bank of case studies/impact stories on our landscapes and coffee work in Vietnam through stakeholder interviews and field visits.
- Produce external communication materials in Vietnamese and English, such as news articles, press releases, blogs, social media updates, website content, major reports, videos/infographics.
- Engage and gain credibility among stakeholders (companies, governments, donors, civil society, financial institutions) through regular activity updates, impact stories, joint communication activities and clear and better positioning of our program overall.
- Proactively identify communication opportunities by working closely with the program teams, attending team meetings, etc.
- Collaborate regularly with the International Communications Team to jointly identify opportunities and challenges.
- Support the program teams in creating program-specific communications, such as events organization, flyers, posters and invitations.
- Mitigate risk by developing a PR crisis plan, key messages and media/spokesperson training for the team.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of key criteria:
- Bachelor degree (Master degree is preferred) in Communications, Social studies or related field
- Strong track record and background in communication/public relation, preferably in the non-profit sectors relevant to forest conservation, agriculture and rural development, land-use and natural resources management, supply chains.
- Strong communication and coordination skills.
- Fluent in Vietnamese and English
- Demonstrated ability in team working.
- Willing to travel within Vietnam.
Terms and conditions
The successful applicant will be offered a consultancy contract for one year with competitive remuneration, but with very high possibility to extend. IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team and as an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change.
For more information about IDH, please visit http://www.idhtrade.org.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV/resume and application letter (in English), explaining your interest and capabilities for the position, to Ms. Le Thi Huong Lan, HR Officer, at email@example.com before 15 November 2021 mentioning “Application for Communication Officer – Vietnam/Asia” in the subject line.
IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative
Arthur van Schendelstraat 500,
3511 MH Utrecht
P.O. Box 1241, 3500 BE UTRECHT, The Netherlands
IDH Vietnam Office
Room 401, B1 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound
No. 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi