IDH – The sustainable trade initiative
Are you looking for a challenge within the financial domain of an international environment? Do you have a background in accounting and audits and are you able to master new skills quickly? Would you like to work in a diverse team in the centre of Utrecht? Then apply for our Senior Financial Accountant position and join our dynamic team.
The Senior Financial Accountant will support the Corporate accounting and financial operations and will report to the Manager Accounting. The role will support the monthly accounting close activities for IDH international operations and the related internal control compliance. Within this role, your overall financial responsibility are:
- Support the execution of the monthly financial close process including creation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Support the quality and timeliness of internal control requirements associated with the general ledger reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned such as ad-hoc reports preparation and working on improvement and implementation projects, policies update.
- Providing data required for the management monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting.
- Assisting AP/AR team with recurring tasks and payments reconciliations.
- Making sure incoming invoices and expense claims are coded and recorded correctly in the AP system and the general ledger (SpendCloud and Exact).
- Regularly updating the financial checklists and the various dashboards ensuring they are continuously updated.
- Playing a key role in the Annual Accounts preparation for IDH Group and in the year end planning and execution.
- Coordinating the interim and year end Audits with internal and external stake holders.
Who you are
IDH is looking for a bright, highly motivated, and organized team player that can execute assignments quickly, is structured, flexible and accurate. It is easy for you to keep an overview and prioritize when required. You have a background in financial accounting and learn fast. You have a minimum of 8-10 years of work experience in a similar position.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree with a desirable qualification in financial accounting.
- 8-10 years of work experience in Accounting/Month End Close/Reporting/ Accounts Reconciliations/ Preparation of various schedules in a similar role, preferably in a global organization.
- Experience with Annual Accounts preparation and statutory reporting & audit.
- Experience with MS Excel (must) and Exact Globe (desirable).
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable and Payments processing is preferable.
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch.
- Analytical with an eye for details.
- Team player, self-starter, who comes with ideas of improvement.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and independent.
- Practical, results oriented, hands-on mentality.
- Prior experience of working in a non-profit organisation is desirable.
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
We offer you
- a gross monthly salary ranging between EUR 3500 to EU 4200 (based on a 40 hour work week), depending on your experience and competences;
- Fulltime position (40 hours work week);
- all the work supplies you need to excel in your role;
- an open working environment where you can grow and develop yourself;
- 8% holiday allowance, pension scheme, flexible working hours, 26 holidays, travel cost allowance, etc.;
Who we are
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. To catalyse change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations, the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 300 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible thanks to the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark, and other government donors and private foundations.
For more information, go to http://www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English following this hyperlink : https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/261910/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest before 5th February, 2023.
For more questions about the role and organisation, please contact Ayana Chatterjee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that candidates should be EU nationals or have permission to work in the Netherlands.
At IDH sustainable trade initiative, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace every day.