Are you convinced of the value of data-driven insights? And are you motivated to apply your analytical and managerial skills to drive IDH’s strategy to develop actionable and evidence-based insights that help transform markets and value chains? We are looking for a Senior Innovation Manager Data, Technology & Insights to strengthen the transformative work of IDH as a a member of the Innovation & Insights (I&I) Business Unit.
Within this role you are responsible for managing the Farmfit Intelligence Center which is creating actionable, evidence-based knowledge products and drives the learning agenda for Farmfit and relevant IDH programs. With these knowledge products, IDH wants to create a larger impact beyond its direct reach. In doing this, IDH would like to strengthen its position as a thought leader on data-driven insights and how to make best use of technology. You will therefore manage IDH’s technology research, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) expert and data experts in this team. You will also be working closely with the impact leads for Better Income, Better Jobs and Better Environment within the I&I Business Unit. You are managing a team of around 7 – 8 FTE.
Key responsibilities include:
Evidence-based knowledge strategy & implementation
- Lead the knowledge strategy of Farmfit.
- Steer the overall knowledge products of Farmfit and co-lead the development of key knowledge products of Farmfit.
- Accountable for the integration Farmfit’s learning agenda into Farmfit and IDH wide programs and projects.
- Accountable for ensuring that new evidence-based knowledge products are filling existing evidence gaps and meeting the needs of our key audiences.
- Lead the technology experts to finetune IDH’s overall technology agenda
- Co-lead the positioning of IDH in the technology arena.
- Responsible for driving the digital innovation agenda in Farmfit.
Thought leadership & sharing of insights
- Represent IDH at key events and platforms to share our insights and create a larger impact beyond the direct reach of IDH.
- Oversee the dissemination strategies for the knowledge products of Farmfit – which audiences and which behaviour do we want to change with the data-driven knowledge products.
Who you are
You are an organized, service-oriented team player with a strong interest in supply chain sustainability and data-driven insights. You get energy from representing Farmfit and sharing its key insights. You are both practical and analytical, work well in managing a team, flexible but also driven and able to work independently and in response to needs of the organisation. You work in a results-oriented, flexible and hands-on manner.
What you bring
- A relevant Master’s degree.
- 8 – 10 years working experience in the areas of data (analysis), supply chain sustainability, and creating actionable insights that speak to the needs of the private sector, public sector, donors and knowledge organizations.
- to position the knowledge products of Farmfit within the wider evidence base.
- Experience in working with the private sector development and a deep understanding on how to drive market transformation from a private sector angle.
- High levels of entrepreneurial, social, and professional skills, capability and tenacity to drive continued multi-stakeholder engagement to align and achieve different interests from business, community and government in a culturally diverse environment.
- Strong network in the world of supply chain sustainability and technology.
- Strong network in the research community is a preference.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. Additional languages are an advantage but not required.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 22 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 32-40 hours per week, initially for one year, with the intention to extend. We offer a gross monthly salary between €4600 and €5200 (based on a 40-hour week) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme. The position based in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Candidates are based in the Netherlands or should have permission to work in the Netherlands.
Interested candidates are invited to apply (motivation letter and 2-page resume in English) by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/174334/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by January 15th, 2021.