Are you ready to bring about a positive change in the Swiss market by making sustainable trade possible? Are you an experienced networker with a track record in building and deepening international partnerships? Do you have a strong network in Switzerland? Then you are the Swiss Senior Manager International Partnerships we are looking for.
IDH is working with a group of committed national and international partners. Currently, the majority of IDH’s funding comes from three core donors (the Dutch BUZA, The Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO and Danish DANIDA), large program donors and contributions from private partners. Within our multi-year plan 2021-2025, we are in the process of deepening the strategic relationships with our core donors and broadening the funding base by fundraising from new donors. Our new Switzerland-based Senior Manager International Partnerships will play a crucial role in further developing, coordinating and implementing the IDH partnerships and activities in Switzerland and beyond.
As part of the International Partnerships & Fundraising (IPF) team, you will work in a team that is being led by the Head of International Partnerships & Fundraising. You will work in close collaboration with the Senior Officer and (senior) Managers in the team. Our team liaises closely with the IDH Business Unit teams, country offices and the relevant colleagues of the other business support teams in the IDH headquarter in Utrecht, the Netherlands. You will be based in Switzerland.
As IPF Senior Manager your key responsibility will be relationship management and fundraising:
- Manage the SECO core donor account: take the lead in further developing a more strategic collaboration with the Swiss SECO and the broader Swiss public sector; ensure and organize donor engagement and accountability across the organization (IDH HQ and country-offices).
- Further develop and implement the engagement strategy with Swiss public and private sector stakeholders: scope business opportunities related to IDH programs and overall activities (e.g. coffee, palm oil, cocoa, soy, IDH landscape approach and climate); actively liaise with Swiss stakeholders to IDH programs and activities; activate and/or deepen the engagement with Swiss private sector, NGOs, national development finance institutions and other sustainable trade related organizations.
- Support program development for (new) thematic or sectoral programs, partnership development with Swiss partners (including companies), in close link with the IDH business units, country offices and relevant support units, within the framework of the multi-year plan 2021-2025.
- Support the development and implementation of the IDH global fundraising strategy.
Who you are
As an experienced service-oriented networker, you have a proven track record in building and deepening international networks relevant to the organization.
Your organizational and cultural awareness makes that you have a strong ability to tailor the approach towards the perspective of donors and the needs of our internal clients.
You work independently and learn fast, this all with a good sense of humor and a hands-on mentality.
What you bring
- 10+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record in effective stakeholder management, successful fundraising and building international partnerships
- A proven strong network amongst Swiss private and public stakeholders (retail, industry, government, civil society, academia)
- A good understanding of the Swiss international policy context and knowledge about the current thinking in international development; sustainable trade; supply chains and/or agricultural commodities
- Ability to advise governments, companies, civil society organizations on international development and sustainable trade and make the link between the IDH offering and the needs of our partners and funders worldwide
- Experience or knowhow in the (renewable) commodity sector (cocoa, coffee, palm oil…) is an added value.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbally
- Working and thinking at master’s degree level
- Fluent in English, (Swiss) German and French. Other languages a plus
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. IDH is a company that works together with companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 15 landscapes in over 30 countries worldwide. For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. We offer competitive remuneration with great benefits.
Candidates should be based in Switzerland and must have permission to work in Switzerland.
Please feel free to contact Mrs. Els Haelterman (Head of International Partnerships and Fundraising): email@example.com or +32 470 20 24 50 with any question about this position.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/230993/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 23rd May, 2022.