Are you looking for the second step in your career? Are you a team player with a positive, can-do attitude? Can you bring structure to our program management and operationalize sustainability? Are you the comms wizard which can deliver high-quality communication content to inform and influence the rapidly changing sustainability strategy for the food crops and ingredients sector? Do you want to join the global IDH community, whilst working in a small and dedicated team? Then please apply for the position Senior Program and Communications Officer for our Food Crops & Ingredients Business Unit.
You will be part of the IDH Food Crops & Ingredients Business Unit, working in an international team which drives sustainability in the sectors of Aquaculture, Flowers & Plants, Fruit & Vegetables, Juice, Nuts, Spices, and Vanilla. For each of these sectors, IDH hosts or supports market-driven sustainability initiatives.
As Senior Program and Communications Officer, you will support the sustainability initiatives of closely related sectors such as the SIFAV (Sustainability Initiative Fruits and Vegetables), the SJC (Sustainable Juice Covenant) and the FSI (Floriculture Sustainability Initiative). You will work directly with the initiative’s Program Managers and engage with the members of the initiatives to ensure the delivery of a comprehensive range of activities to promote sector wide sustainability.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Program Manager Support
- Communication Support
- Operational support
Who you are
- A team-player with a positive ’can-do’ attitude and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomous, with a strong sense of initiative and a pro-active and self-driven attitude;
- Service and detail-oriented and focused on results;
- An analytical and structured mind able to deal with and report on complex issues in a multicultural and multi-stakeholder’ environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, multitask, and meet strict timelines.
- Excellent in written and spoken English; Dutch is an asset.
What you bring
- A University degree (MSc), ideally with a qualification in sustainability and preferably with a background in Agro/agricultural-economy, environmental sciences or related areas.
- 3- 5 years relevant hands-on program support experience in an international environment.
- Sound knowledge and proven experience with to sustainability and supply chain issues, preferably in the Agriculture/Agri-trade context
- Experience with stakeholder management and liaison (e.g. government, private companies, community organizations, NGO’s).
- Comfortable with standard IT tools, website maintenance, production of online newsletters and other digital communication tools; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and standard CMS (e.g. WordPress) is a plus.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide. For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhsustainabletrade.com.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is full time and we offer a market competitive compensation.
Please feel free to contact Jeroen Oudheusden (Executive Officer FSI) email@example.com with any question about this position.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/200775/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 22 September 2021.
Candidates should be EU nationals, based in Belgium or the Netherlands and have permission to work in Belgium or the Netherlands.