IDH co-invests together with multiple companies and governments in projects that improve sustainable production of (e.g.) coffee, tea, cocoa in producing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Strong financial control, risk management and financial reporting is the backbone of our work. Because of the growth of the organization, IDH is recruiting a Senior Program Controller. Want to join an ambitious, mission driven organization and drive sustainable trade from niche to norm? Want to create positive and large-scale impact on the Sustainable Development Goals? Here is your chance to join our staff at the HQ in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
As a senior program controller, you will be responsible for creating budgets, projections and financial management information towards the program teams, IDH management and donors. To make sure the financial information reported is at a high level of quality, you will monitor and reconcile the financial administration of the programs. By giving financial advice and ensuring alignment with operational procedures, you proof the program teams to be a valuable financial business partner. In this role you will support and coach other program controllers and program accountants and be part of a multicultural, strong and stable team of professionals.
We hope you are a bright and organized team player that can execute assignments quickly, is structured, flexible and accurate. It is easy for you to keep an overview and prioritize when required. You have a background in financial accounting and learn fast. You have at least 5 years of work experience in a similar position.
Key responsibilities are:
Overall financial responsibility for designated program areas:
- Drive improvements to further professionalize the financial management of the programs.
- Support and coach other program controllers and program accountants.
- Prioritize and resolve complex problems using own knowledge and that of your colleagues.
- Provide the program director with regular financial updates, including pipeline and forecasting information, and discuss this in regular meetings.
- Prepare financial reports to Donors and Private partners according to reporting requirements.
- Provide advice to the Program Teams with the financial components of tender documents, calls for proposals and contracts.
- Ensure alignment with the IDH operational procedures, including partner assessments, tender rules e.g.
- Ensure a correct and complete financial administration and audit files of the programs.
- Provide advice to Program Team members and Implementing Partners on efficient solutions for implementation of the projects within the internal control framework.
- Manage the process of financial KPI setting and reporting, assess financial reports and audit statements received from partner organizations and follow up on the findings of such.
- Prepare overviews showing internal financial KPIs, e.g. financial forecasts on expected projects, financial performance of IDH and the projects.
- Support in preparation of budgets for fundraising proposals and review fundraising contracts + reporting requirements of donors.
Who you are:
- Working and thinking at bachelor or master level with a qualification in financial accounting.
- At least 5 years of work experience, preferably in a similar organization.
- Experience with MS Excel and Exact Globe (desirable).
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and independent
- Coaching and developing others
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 22 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 32-40 hours per week. We offer a gross monthly salary between €3850 and €4400 (based on a 40-hour week) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
How to apply
Please feel free to contact Alex Essens (+31 6 13232884) with any question about this position. Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/154934
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 9 March 2020. Candidates should be EU nationals or have permission to work in the Netherlands. For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhsustainabletrade.com.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement