Are you a leader that wants to play a part in ensuring that we can deliver? Do you have a background in materials for the Apparel and textiles industry with a retailer or brand? Do you think in terms of strategic opportunities and are you driven by results? We are looking for a Senior Program Manager that wants to take our alternate materials program to the market and convene and engage with the stakeholders to deliver a scalable solution.
The IDH Textiles and Manufacturing Unit, through its Materials Program reaches a wide range of stakeholders in the Apparel and Textiles sector. We have successfully partnered with the largest sustainability standard in cotton in the world. However, cotton accounts for only one quarter of the material footprint globally in the sector and as IDH partners with the private sector to address responsible sourcing & circularity with our Brand and retail partners we will expand the material program to work on alternate materials such as manmade fibres, tackle challenges in polyester.
As we enter a new strategy period and set our sights on new goals for 2025, we are looking for a Senior Program Manager to help us continue to grow our reach and positively impact and solve critical issues in material production and use. The focus for the program will be on addressing the solutions at the key production countries, attracting investment and market commitment to Feedstock solutions, next generation solutions, product design and solution on collection, sorting and segregation amongst others.
The Senior Program Manager Alternate Materials will report to the Global Director – Textiles & Manufacturing. The position of Program Manager will be based in the Netherlands, or the UK.
The main responsibilities for the Senior Program Manager are:
- Lead the alternate materials program covering IDH work on alternate materials in the material value chain.
- Responsible for program strategy, annual plan delivery, operational management, fund raising and talent management & development.
- Lead stakeholder engagement and convening on key actors linked to the IDH alternate materials agenda, identify and analyze market developments, business development-related opportunities, trends within the industry to build program outreach.
Who you are
You are analytically strong, self-directed, able and willing to work independently. In addition, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, adapt easily to new cultures and are a strong group facilitator.
You are an energetic, resourceful and hands-on character who operates effectively with minimum direction. You are agile when it comes to changing priorities, taking appropriate initiative and able to assume final responsibility for service delivery.
More than anything else, you take pride in your work and are keen to deliver high quality outputs with a strong focus on clear, effective and efficient processes. You have a head for numbers and are able to analyse data and use trends to inform future strategic priorities.
What you bring
- 10+ years of relevant, international work experience in material development- Identify, scout, track and evaluate new companies and organizations for potential partnerships. Understand and monitor developments in Man-made fibers, bio-polymer and synthetic
- Prior experience in development of new sustainable materials, utilizing pre- and post- consumer waste, various bio-synthetic feedstocks, and natural materials.
- At least 5 years in a people/team management position
- You have proven ability in business development and program design- experience in selling concepts/solutions.
- Excellent project and program management skills including budgeting and reporting.
- Knowledge of textile & apparel value chain, industry and supply chain, including sustainability issues and work happening in the field of sustainability and good understanding of the opportunities and developments taking place in different fibers is a bonus.
- Strong network with the Apparel & textile actors is a must
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 25% of your time (when feasible)
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is full time and for 40 hours per week. We offer market competitive compensation.
This position is based in the Netherlands or the UK. Candidates should be based in the Netherlands or UK, and should have a valid working permit for the Netherlands or UK.
Would you like to apply? We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 8 December 2021, using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/210912/apply
Please feel free to contact Pramit Chanda (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any content related questions about this position.