Do you want to be part of the discussion and get to work towards sustainable trade with various stakeholders, such as companies, producers, governments, investors, and other partners? Do you think in terms of opportunities and plans, and are you driven by results? We are looking for a Senior Program Manager who can operate at the highest level, to help us grow our reach and positively impact the lives of smallholders in Madhya Pradesh, India.
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. To catalyze change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations, the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 300 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible because of the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark, and Switzerland private foundations.
For more information, go to www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
‘Regenerative Production Landscape Collaborative: People, Nature, Economy’ takes an innovative approach to fostering agricultural ecosystems which conserve and enhance natural resources and build community resilience whilst enabling businesses to source responsibly.
Originally founded by Laudes Foundation, IDH and WWF India, the Collaborative aims to create systems level shifts to catalyse and scale a model where;
- producers grow agri-commodities using natural and regenerative farming principles that restore, rather than deplete, natural resources and reduce emissions from farming systems; and
- smallholder farmers and communities thrive, through improved economic stability, enhanced livelihoods and greater participation in decision making
- businesses can source responsibly while creating inclusive supply chain relationships
To achieve this, the partnership will support a locally-driven, multi-stakeholder governance structure to drive market transformation – bringing together companies that commit to sourcing responsibly, community and producer organisations for more inclusive decision-making, government institutions that enable sustainable and green growth; and impact investors and funders who seek scalable solutions that deliver on the Sustainable Development Goals.
For more information, go to www.rplcollaborative.org
You will be based in Gurgaon, India and will report directly to the Country Director India, with a matrix functioning with the Textiles & Manufacturing Business Unit at IDH. As a Senior Program Manager, you will oversee all aspects of programs and well-defined sequence of activities that maps out the program progress from start to completion. You will work to refine and improve our partner strategy and execution and build leadership alignment at the highest levels with partners, both at global as well as at regional level. This will include designing partnerships with organisations that implement field-level activities and ensuring market linkages for a variety of smallholder-grown crops through high level private sector engagement.
This role will directly manage a Secretariat (2-3 people) in Madhya Pradesh towards delivery of local priorities and stakeholders; and build strong links with internal teams such as communications, fundraising, learning & innovation and HR to strengthen the overall delivery and management of the program.
Key responsibilities are:
- Program Management: Translate the strategic goals into operational plans and take full responsibility for program implementation, deliverables, and reporting on outcomes on time within budget and within scope. Manage a yearly workplan and budget, identify and contract implementing partners.
- Stakeholder Management: Create awareness and drive the adoption of more sustainable practices in commodity production, agribusiness and natural resources protection. Building the partnerships necessary to secure cooperation and the implementation of programs through convening local governments, private sector, and civil society.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: Monitor and evaluate project activities and finance in conjunction with the implementing partners and private sector players, as well as monitoring of implementers, organisations or any third party needed to deliver project objectives.
- Communication: Serve as technical lead in proposal development, concept notes, investment committee notes, program summaries and reporting which will include delivering public presentations about landscape programs. Keeping relevant stakeholders informed on plans and progress.
- Fundraising and Financing: Keep abreast of current regional and/or local fundraising trends to identify opportunities at an early stage, with the aim of securing funding for the programs. Unlocking and securing private and financial sector investment in sustainable production of commodities and natural resource management.
- People Management: management of a dynamic Secretariat in Madhya Pradesh as well as an Assistant Program Manager
- Learning: Promote a knowledge sharing and learning culture among team members and program partners; identify and document the lessons learned based on local reality on the ground.
Who you are
You are analytically strong, self-directed, able and willing to organize and prioritize work, multitask, and meet strict timelines independently and learn fast, maintaining a good overview whilst providing coaching on delegated tasks. You are trustworthy experienced sparring partner for internal colleagues and external stakeholders. In addition, you have excellent interpersonal skills, adapt easily to new cultures and are a strong group facilitator. You can manage change and gain commitment with relative ease as you are able to connect to different people with different backgrounds. Working in a results-oriented, flexible, cooperative, and hands-on manner, you know how to drive the process, keep focus and discipline, guide and evolve to a successful planned outcome.
You are highly proficient in spoken and written English and comfortable in spoken Hindi. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
What you bring
- 10+ years of relevant working experience in international organizations/matrix settings, in program development and implementation.
- Experience in building a common vision through effective stakeholder driven communication and strategy.
- Advanced degree in business, economics, agriculture, environment, natural resource management or related field.
- Proven track record and high proficiency in project management across various stages of project development and implementation (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring and completion).
- Strong knowledge of financial administration and budgets, and P&L management.
- Knowledge of sustainability issues in the landscape (knowledge in commodities sector desirable), and sustainability development.
- A very good working knowledge and command of MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Excellent presentation and communication skills, in writing and verbally.
- Proven ability for networking with major players in government, private sector and other stakeholders at local levels across the development sector. Experience in working in Agri Commodity value Chains and specifically for MNC’s or Agri businesses linked to supplying/processing of large traders and brands is a plus.
- Excellent convening, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently (7-8 days in a month) to Madhya Pradesh (Bhopal and field areas) as required.
- Knowledge of pipeline development for impact investment and/or carbon finance is desirable
What we offer
IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. This is a full-time position.
The successful applicant will be offered a full-time employment position (6 months’ probationary period) with Initiative Development Hub LLP. This role is based in Gurgaon, India and all candidates must be willing to live and work in Delhi NCR.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/238198/apply
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team.
As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change.
This is a full-time position with IDH India LLP. This role is based at Gurgaon, India. We offer a competitive salary (depending on seniority and experience).