Are you a senior leader that wants to play a part in ensuring that we can deliver value to millions of smallholder cotton farmers? Do you have a background in investing in agri-commodity value chains or in the textiles industry with a retailer or brand? Do you think in terms of strategic opportunities and are you driven by results? We are looking for a Senior Program Manager that wants to take our materials program to even greater heights in the next ten years.
The IDH Textiles and Manufacturing Unit, through its Cotton Program reaches more than 3 million smallholder farmers across the world. We have successfully run a significant grant making facility (total value over 15m Euro average pa) for cotton farmer capacity building and now want to establish impact investment as a route to driving climate resilience for smallholder farmers. We also want to expand our materials program to tackle challenges in polyester and Man-Made Cellulosic Fibres (MMCFs). As we enter a new strategy period and set our sights on new goals for 2025, we are looking for a Senior Program Manager to help us continue to grow our reach and positively impact the lives of smallholders and solve critical issues in material production and use.
The Senior Program Manager will manage the Materials team, which consist of three Program Officers and one Program Manager, based in London, Utrecht and Delhi. The Senior Program Manager will report to the Global Director for the Textiles & Manufacturing Unit.. The position of Senior Program Manager will be based in Utrecht or London.
The main responsibilities for the Senior Program Manager are:
- Lead the materials vertical covering IDH work on better environment, better income in the material value chain though engagement on Better Cotton Initiative, Climate Smart Cotton Landscapes, Alternate material program and BC Impact Fund.
- Responsible for Vertical strategy, annual plan delivery, operational management, fund raising and talent management & development.
- Lead stakeholder engagement and convening on key actors linked to the IDH materials agenda, Identify and analyze market developments, business development-related opportunities, trends within the industry to build program outreach.
Who you are
You are analytically strong, self-directed, able and willing to work independently. In addition, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, adapt easily to new cultures and are a strong group facilitator. You are an energetic, resourceful and hands-on character who operates effectively with minimum direction. You are agile when it comes to changing priorities, taking appropriate initiative and able to assume final responsibility for service delivery. More than anything else, you take pride in your work and are keen to deliver high quality outputs with a strong focus on clear, effective and efficient processes. You have a head for numbers and are able to analyse data and use trends to inform future strategic priorities.
What you bring
- 10+ years of relevant, international work experience in agriculture, strategy development, agriculture financing, and related topics. With a proven track record of initiating and implementing market building programs and at least 5 years in a people/team management position.
- You have proven ability in business development and program design- experience in selling concepts/solutions.
- Excellent project and program management skills including budgeting and reporting.
- High level of expertise with Microsoft word, excel, power point, outlook, including management of large data sets.
- Knowledge of Cotton value chain, industry and supply chain, including sustainability issues and work happening in the field of sustainability and good understanding of the opportunities and developments taking place in different fibers is a bonus.
- Strong network with the Apparel & textile actors is a big bonus
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 25% of your time (when feasible)
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is full time and for 40 hours per week. We offer market competitive compensation.
The placement for the position is in the UK (London) or The Netherlands (Utrecht). Candidates should have permission to work in the UK or The Netherlands.
Would you like to apply? Send us your motivation and resume, in English, by using the following hyperlink:https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/190251/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, the deadline is June the 16th, 2021. Candidates should have permission to work in the Netherlands and/or the United Kingdom.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhsustainabletrade.com.