IDH Brussels Office
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Are you the strategic communicator who can shape our messaging to the Brussels office stakeholder network? Do you have a good knowledge and background in managing compliance, reporting, human resources and office management? Are you a team player with a positive, can-do attitude? Do you want to join our global IDH community, whilst working in a small and dedicated team in Brussels? Then please apply for this position.
Mid 2019, the IDH Brussels office started with the management of the Beyond Chocolate Partnership for a more sustainable Belgian chocolate sector. Since then, our office has grown in size, programs and ambition. Over the course of 2022, IDH will continue to strategically engage with Belgian stakeholders to accelerate our global work on Better Jobs and living wage and further build engagement with the Brussels-based European and International stakeholders.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Strategic communications & Events
- Office operations
The IDH Brussels office team consists of a team of 6 professionals and is headed by the Brussels country director. You will report directly to the IDH Brussels Country Director and work closely with the Brussels-based senior manager international partnerships and fundraising and the other members of the Brussels office.
To be successful in this position you should have a good understanding of the Belgian stakeholder set-up, EU institutions and other Brussels-based stakeholders to design and implement effective communication strategies around sustainable production and trade of agri-commodities that is beneficial for the people and the planet. You should have meticulous organizational and planning skills to structure and guide operational work processes and flows. You are great at prioritizing and coordinating work to meet agreed on goals. You are a people person, have a good sense of humour and are able to gain commitment from and coordinate smoothly with team members from IDH and our partners. You are able to make decisions on your own and argument them to your manager. You are communicatively strong, service minded and eager to get the best result. You will be happy to roll up your sleeves and flex from communications & events to office tasks to reporting.
- Strategic Communications & Events
- With the input from Brussels-based colleagues, spearhead the development and implementation of the IDH Brussels office strategic external and internal communication and engagement plans, vis-à-vis Belgian, European, Brussels-based international stakeholders and IDH Global teams.
- Coordinate Brussels office stakeholder engagement and business development activities.
- Take the lead in organizing in-house and external events, such as sustainability round tables and other partner events.
- Coordinate IDH Brussels office communications and liaise closely with IDH Global Communications team to reinforce IDH Global messaging via relevant social media and other media channels.
- Centralize, maintain and manage Brussels office specific key account management.
- General support & office operations
- Support the Country Director with development and implementation of the country strategy, country insights, (multi-)annual planning and reporting, coordinate and support management of relationships with IDH global BU, HQ and global (corporate support) teams.
- Overall office and activity management and other governance related tasks, ensuring and overseeing all legal, financial, HR, rental, safety, insurance and other contractual obligations are met.
- Coordinate Local HR requirements, payroll processing, recruitment, onboarding, learning and development needs in close collaboration with the HQ HR team.
- Ensure appropriate, relevant and up to date IDH global and local policies are in place and implemented.
- Coordinate travel, accommodation and IDH global staff visits.
What you bring
- Working and thinking at master’s degree level, proven ability to independently and pro-actively organize, plan and prioritize a diverse set of tasks and successfully deal with a high workload.
- At least 5+ years work experience ideally in a role that combines communication and general office management.
- Good understanding of the operations of the Belgian and EU institutions and relevant stakeholders on the topic of sustainable production and trade in agri-commodities with a view of developing targeted communication and stakeholder engagement communications.
- Experience with stakeholder management and liaising (e.g., government, private companies, community organizations, NGO’s).
- Experience in coordinating and working with multicultural, international teams (remotely).
- Comfortable with standard IT tools, website maintenance, production of online newsletters and other digital communication tools; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and standard CMS (e.g., WordPress) is a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, a very good working knowledge of Salesforce, Excel and PowerPoint; affinity to accounting software and/or ERP systems.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English along with good command of French and Dutch are must. Fluency in all the three languages is a plus.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize Better Jobs, Better Income and Better Environment at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our core donors: BUZA (Dutch Foreign Affairs), SECO (Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs) and DANIDA (Danish Development Cooperation), large private sector foundations and other program funders. IDH is a not-for-profit organization that works together with over 500 companies, 200 public sector actors and over 300 CSOs, financial institutions and producer organizations in 12 sectors and 17 landscapes in almost 40 countries worldwide.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 38-40 hours per week. We offer a gross monthly salary of EUR 2798 to EUR 3498 (based on 40 hours per week) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
The position is based in the IDH Brussels office, conveniently located near the Brussels North public transport.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink : https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/236066/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 8th July, 2022.
Candidates must have permission to work in the Belgium.
For questions about this internship, please contact Ayana Chatterjee at email@example.com .