To support the Aquaculture program, IDH is recruiting a:
Investment Manager Aquaculture
this position is based in South-East Asia, preferably in Indonesia or Singapore
The Aquaculture Program
More than 50% of all fish we consume is farmed. Aquaculture is an important source of high protein food worldwide. Concerns are rising on matters such as disease management and feed management. IDH aims to improve aquaculture production by focussing on disease and feed issues of farmers that are connected. In aquaculture areas we improve production by strengthening partnerships as to develop joint strategies that tackle diseases and feed-related issues. We organize cooperation between (e.g.) producers, input suppliers, service providers and local governments and in the supply chain with traders, brands and retailers. We support innovation by promoting the use of technology and data to increase sector efficiency, traceability and transparency. By strengthening partnerships and innovation we can reduce production risks, hence attracting investments. Together with financial institutions we can share risks and increase the profitability of an aquaculture area. At the same time we encourage market recognition of better aquaculture areas, leading to Verified Sourcing Areas which enable buyers to effortlessly source sustainable products.
Aqua in Indonesia
IDH has several programs on Aquaculture in Asia: in Vietnam, Thailand, China, Indonesia and India. This position will mainly focus on Indonesia. The IDH Aquaculture Program in Indonesia is focused on bridging the gap between financial institutions and the aquaculture sector. Currently financial institutions are reluctant to invest in aquaculture, as it is considered too risky. IDH aims to partner with financial institutions design and prototype financial models in East-Java and to write investment guidelines that support investors into understanding and investing in sustainable aquaculture.
As Investment Manager Aquaculture you facilitate and drive impact. As Investment Manager Aquaculture you are responsible for the delivery of investment in our Aquaculture Projects: you identify risks; find ways to mitigate those risks; develop and prototype models; and incorporate learnings into investment guidelines. IDH is looking for an organized, service-oriented, self-motivated, team player with a strong interest in supply chain sustainability. You are both analytical and practical, curious, able to work independently and learn fast. Confidently working in an environment of diverse stakeholders, you flexibly get things done quickly and thoroughly and without losing sight of the bigger picture: impact. You will work in our Aquaculture Program in a team with a Program Director, Program Officers, Program Managers and supporting staff for operational issues (finance, legal, communication).
1. Program management
Note: The focus of Program management will be towards investment in the Aquaculture Projects. You identify risks; find ways to mitigate those risks; develop and prototype models; and incorporate learnings into investment guidelines, and you apply cross-learnings within and outside the region.
- Co-responsibility for the development and implementation of the program, the monitoring and further development of project portfolio that assures the program’s targets, including reporting, contract management and development of program pipeline deliverables. This will be done working closely with private stakeholders and implementing partners.
- Responsibility for supporting the program with research, administration and logistics.
- Support the organization of input from the program partners to enable Operations to run the required program administration and reporting. This includes the development of performance indicators for the management of program pipeline deliverables.
2. Stakeholder management and networking (with a focus on Indonesia and possibly other Asian countries)
- Maintaining contacts with existing program stakeholders and identifying potential new stakeholders, especially with the aim to development of international investment tools for sustainable aquaculture and for the adoption of a jurisdictional approach that attracts investors in sustainable aquaculture
- Contribute to further development of the program and of the commodity stakeholder programs
Support in the monitoring of stakeholder platform targets.
3. Events and workshops
- Plan, organize and coordinate events and workshops as required.
- Working and thinking at Master degree level
- 5-10 years (international) work experience, preferably in an investment firm, bank or relevant consulting firm
- Knowledge of investment in (sustainable) aquaculture or agriculture production.
- Strong networks in financial institutions
- Experience with stakeholder management in an international environment
- Experience in project management & (financial) administration and project budgeting
- Experience with the private sector, preferably in supply chains and/or investment
- Experience in managing (sector and/or sustainability) coalitions is an advantage
- Experience in international development is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially a good working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. Additional languages (for instance Bahasa) are an advantage.
- Outstanding analytical capabilities
- Good strategic reflection capabilities
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, in writing and verbally;
- Pro-active-, service- and detail-oriented, analytical, structured and business minded
- Highly flexible; able to take initiative and work independently
- Organized and ability to have a helicopter view of what need to be done at which time
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.
The successful applicant will be offered a consultancy contract for one year with competitive remuneration, but with the possibility to extend.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org. For questions about this position, please contact Dr. Flavio Corsin, Program Director Aquaculture, at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send an application (motivation letter and 2-page resume in English) before May 13 by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/131447/apply
Candidates are based in Indonesia or should be eligible to obtain permission to work in Indonesia.