If you are passionate about sustainable trade and creating systemic changes in the field of Food Crops and Ingredient , are comfortable working in English, and have proven skills in supporting teams and programs, then we are looking for you!
Starting operation in Vietnam in 2010, IDH has since established strong partnerships with businesses, government and civil society organizations working on apparel and footwear, coffee, tea, cocoa, spices/pepper, and aquaculture sectors.
To strengthen its team, IDH is seeking for a Program Manager to lead the strategy and implementation of our Spices Program in Vietnam. The candidate will lead the development and implementation of the Spices Program strategy for the period 2021-2025. The role entails intensive engagement with the Program stakeholders, including agribusiness and local government. Furthermore, you will be responsible of leading a team that is executing the daily operations of the Program. The Program Manager reports to the IDH Vietnam Country Director and closely work with Senior Program Manager in head office in the Netherland. You are managing a team of some 5 staff based in central highland and Hanoi office.
Spices Program Manager – Vietnam
this position is based in Hanoi
- Program coordination and development
- Responsible for overall development and implementation of spices program, including pepper and cinnamon commodities in Vietnam and any other projects under it
- Manage yearly workplan and budget and the team to ensure task allocation among the team for effective and efficient operation
- Work with key companies to develop business cases/models for and driving sustainable business practices for scale
- Be responsible for delivering the targeted results and impact of the program at field level with support and guidance from IDH headquarter.
- Support the strategic planning process, implementation and monitoring of the program.
- Stakeholder management and networking
- Identify potential partners (both public and private, national and international alike) to develop partnership and engagement with IDH program
- Maintain communication and enhance partnership with partners and stakeholders of spices program
- Maintain convening role of IDH for initiatives in the sector
- Create awareness and drive the adoption of more sustainable practices in the spices industry and institutionalization of sector wide cooperation by convening key stakeholders (international and local);
- Engage strong buy in and trust from partners especially private partners in different value chain, national and local governments and etc.
- Fund raising
- Conduct a donor mapping analysis to identify potential donors to support the scaling of sustainable spices production and deliver the global commitments.
- Seek for funding opportunities and develop funding proposals for spices program in Vietnam.
- Personnel Management
- Give direction and manage the spices team for their daily works, both in the Central Highlands and at the national level
- Ensure the smooth and effective teamwork for both pepper and cinnamon
- Reporting and working relation
- The SPM will report directly to the Country Director of IDH Vietnam
- The SPM will work closely with the Senior Program Manager in the Netherland and the FC&I Bunsiness Unit
Other responsibilities are:
- Monitoring & evaluation: Lead the monitoring and evaluation of progress and results of the spices program in conjunction with the implementing partners and private sector players, as well as monitoring of implementers, organizations or any third party needed to deliver project objectives with the defined M&E framework
- Communication: Give input to Vietnam and global team to develop communication and other materials (e.g. proposals); Keep relevant stakeholders informed on plans and progress.
- Learning: Bring best practices to the project from previous experience; facilitate the dissemination of knowledge in Vietnam and globally; identify and document the lessons learned based on local reality on the ground.
Who you are
- A team-player with a positive ’can-do’ attitude and excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Autonomous, with a strong sense of initiative and a pro-active and self-driven attitude;
- Service and detail-oriented and focused on results;
- An analytical and structured mind able to deal with and report on complex issues in a multicultural and multi-stakeholder’ environment;
- Ability to manage and prioritize work, multitask and meet strict deadlines.
What you bring
- Strong track record and background in environmental and/or social sustainability of agriculture production and an ability to articulate an understanding of both domestic and international requirements.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the agriculture development context
- Excellent convening, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Able to manage programs with a diverse group of stakeholders with an inclusive attitude, defining common goals and implementing actions
- Strong experience in working with private sector; supply chain sustainability issues
- Strong project management skills and a minimum of 10 years in management position and leadership skill
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in Vietnamese (native) and English (fluent);
- Willingness to travel extensively
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 40 hours per week. We offer a gross monthly salary (based on a 40 hour week) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
IDH Vietnam Office
Room 401, B1 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound
No. 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
Interested candidates should send their CV/resume and application letter (in English), explaining your interest and capabilities for the position, to Ms. Le Thi Huong Lan, HR Officer, at email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17:00 June 30th , 2022 mentioning “Application for Spices Program Manager” in the subject line.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhsustainabletrade.com.
IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative
Arthur van Schendelstraat 500,
3511 MH Utrecht
P.O. Box 1241, 3500 BE UTRECHT, The Netherlands
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by June 30th , 2022.