As Value Chain Analyst, you use your analytical and consulting skills to support our partners in analyzing and improving the performance of their Service Delivery Models (SDMs) for smallholder farmers. Our team analyses the SDMs of 100+ companies using our own data-driven methodology.
Following the lead of an SDM Manager, you will:
- carry out SDM analyses of these companies’ business models and provide them with strategic advice on innovating and scaling their smallholder business strategy.
- Coordinate the collection of data and proactively coming up with solutions when data availability or quality challenges exist is part of your responsibilities.
- Build financial models showing companies how their SDMs impact their performance and that of the farmers they serve.
- Facilitate discussion and inform the decision and strategy making of the companies, convert outcomes into clear visualizations.
- Manage the analysis process, ensuring delivery against agreed deadlines and planning country visits.
You will be part of the SDM team consisting of ten (10) managers and analysts spread across the Netherlands, Kenya, and India. Together with your colleagues you will build effective relationships with our partners, to ensure that SDM analyses are seen as added value. Next to that, your role requires regular travel to the field operations of companies (when travel regulations allow).
Who you are
You are an analytical and conceptual talent with acumen for business analysis and business model improvement. Improving smallholder livelihoods excites you. You like utilizing diverse business data and you thrive on synthesizing it into insights. Building strong relationships with partners is one of your strengths. You are result-oriented, self-organized and can deliver on tight deadlines. You should also be willing to travel frequently.
What you bring
- BSc. in economics, business, supply chain management, or another highly quantitative discipline.
- 1 year of relevant working experience (consulting experience is a plus).
- Outstanding financial modelling skills and command of MS Excel.
- Outstanding skills to visualize key insights in PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills – fluency in English.
- Ability to quickly adapt to challenging circumstances (e.g., data availability/quality issues/client unresponsiveness).
- Understanding smallholder-based agricultural value chains from a private sector perspective is a plus.
Then please apply to our position by just send us your motivation and resume in English by clicking here. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by October 17th, 2022. Candidates should be Kenyan nationals or have permission to work in Kenya.
You may contact Ann Kitonga on firstname.lastname@example.org or Georgina Munge on email@example.com for more information.