Starting operating in Vietnam in 2010, IDH has since established strong partnerships with businesses, government and civil society organizations working on coffee, tea, cocoa, spices/pepper, aquaculture and apparel/footwear sectors. Since 2014, IDH also launched an initiative sustainable landscape program aimed at using the public- private approach to addressing the key sustainability issues in the Central Highlands of Vietnam, which plays a key role in the production of several agricultural commodities.
To support the team, IDH Vietnam is looking for an Administration Officer. The position, based in Hanoi, will report directly to the IDH Vietnam Country Director.
Key roles and responsibilities
Ensure the smooth and effective operation of IDH Vietnam office by:
- Manage office supplies, stationaries and place orders.
- Ensure a good and tidy office area and working area for staffs.
- Arrange travel, accommodations and other logistic support for IDH staffs and visitors.
- Manage IDH Vietnam’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails and packages), monitor responses.
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential documents for the office.
- Schedule in-house and external events. Maintain IDH Vietnam’s calendar and schedule appointments.
- Welcome guests and visitors coming to IDH Vietnam office.
- Support Program Officers and coordinate with relevant authorities to register the activities/programs as needed.
- Provide support to CD regarding plans and reports in due: requested by donors, PACCOM and strategic partners… Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned.
- Coordinate the extension/modification of IDH Vietnam’s operational license.
- Monitor the contract with supplier of office related service: IT, cleaner…
- Other tasks as required to ensure a smooth and effective office operation.
Monitor office assets:
- Draft the procurement plan of office assets based on the need of all staffs and annual budget for CD approval and make purchase accordingly.
- Monitor office assets as according to IDH Vietnam-Guidelines on management and use of office assets.
Support Human Resource management:
- Record leave and monitor leave balance for IDH Vietnam staff.
- Prepare monthly leave reports
- Provide support during recruitment and onboarding new staffs.
- Monitor employment/consultancy contracts for IDH Vietnam staff and coordinate the extension, modification and termination of these contracts.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of key criteria:
- Bachelor degree is required.
- 5 year of relevant working experience in general office administration is required.
- Experience with office management software like MS Office: Word, Excel, PPT, emails and internet.
- Working knowledge of office equipment.
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude. Good team working skill. Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: both in English and Vietnamese.
- Experience with international non-profit organizations is a plus.
Terms and conditions
The position is supposed to be long-term. The successful applicant will be offered a consultancy contract for 1 year with possibility of extension, including 3 months of probation. IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team and as an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change.
For more information about IDH, please visit http://www.idhtrade.org.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV/resume and application letter (in English), by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/150694/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by January 31, 2020.