Starting operation in Vietnam in 2010, IDH has since established strong partnerships with businesses, government and civil society organizations working on coffee, tea, cocoa, spices/pepper, aquaculture and apparel/footwear sectors. Recently, promoting and enabling embedded sustainable manufacturing practices (IDH manufacturing program) has been newly identified as one of IDH focus sectors in Vietnam from now up to 2025. Through manufacturing program, IDH would like to deliver the impacts on: reduced use of natural resources and energy, reduction in plastic & textile waste, greater transparency & traceability in production, increased gender equality and participation, reduced carbon footprints, increased circular production and manufacturing models, and increased living incomes of manufacturing workers.
To strengthen its team in Vietnam, IDH is recruiting a:
Program Officer Manufacturing
this position is based in Hanoi or HCM city
IDH is currently looking for candidates for the position of manufacturing officer to support the development and implementation of manufacturing program in Vietnam. The position will work closely with the Manufacturing Manager to coordinate and collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders, including the Vietnam government (relevant ministries), private sector (brands, factories, industry associations), civil society, and technical experts in the Vietnam manufacturing, industries to initiate, and coordinate efforts around creating a sustainable manufacturing system of the country, and to demonstrate the industry can become a positive catalyst for sustainable development.
The position, based in Hanoi or HCM city, will report to IDH Vietnam Manufacturing Manager.
The Manufacturing Officer is technically in charge of the implementation of the Manufacturing program’s activities in Vietnam and ensure targeted results and impact in the development and implementation of the program at field level with support and guidance from IDH headquarter. He/she will be responsible to coordinate with local partners and stakeholders to ensures that work plans and agreed targets are met timely while complying with cost limits.
- Support the implementation of the collaboration programme between MONRE and IDH on environmental transformation, promote environmental information disclosure of enterprises and improve environmental governance mechanisms; zero discharge of hazardous chemicals (ZDHC) in the textile and footwear factories to improve the environment and human well-being.
- Support the implementation of IDH plastic waste reduction program that promotes collaboration of the public and private sector working & implementing together joint solutions to reduce the production and use of plastic bags and encourage the private sector investment in plastic bag recollection and recycling.
- Work with key public and private stakeholders to develop an agreed solution that will transparently help measure the performance of new and existing industrial parks (manufacturing apparel, footwear & textiles), to ensure commitment to better social and environmental practices (e.g. support factories moving towards zero discharge of hazardous chemicals in the textile and footwear industries).
- Maintain contacts with local partners and stakeholders with existing program on apparel and develop new partnerships, especially within Vietnam.
- Identify the engagement opportunities with private partners in manufacturing sector in Vietnam such as sustainable industrial parks, apparel, furniture processing, and reduced use of plastic bags used in manufacturing, etc.
- Assist Manufacturing Manager to engage more and support to private sector in implementing environmental protection business initiatives,
- Contribute constructively to strategic annual planning of IDH manufacturing program and support in the development of manufacturing program in Vietnam up to 2025.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of key criteria:
- Good general knowledge and understanding of Vietnamese manufacturing industry, especially apparel sector.
- Strong track record and background in environmental and/or social sustainability and an ability to articulate an understanding of both domestic and international requirements.
- Strong project management skills and a minimum of 5 years in management positions.
- Good knowledge and contact network of NGO and government agencies working in relevant field.
- Able to manage programs with a diverse group of stakeholders with an inclusive attitude, defining common goals and implementing actions
- Able to oversee field level implementation issues and resolve conflicts
- Fluent in Vietnamese and English
- Familiarity with the manufacturing supply chain (e.g. apparel and footwear industry)
- Some experience in raising funds
- Works to achieve agreed objectives and is accountable for meeting or exceeding them
- Demonstrated ability in team working.
Terms and conditions
The successful applicant will be offered a consultancy contract for one year with competitive remuneration, but with very high possibility to extend. IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team and as an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change.
For more information about IDH, please visit http://www.idhtrade.org. For questions about this position,
please contact Mr. Hoang Viet at email@example.com
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV/resume and application letter (in English), by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/150690/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by January 31, 2020.