Regional Program Officer
Are you passionate about the interaction between agriculture and environmental sustainability? Are you a star in supporting our teams with the development of new programs and projects? And would you like to apply these skills in an international organization that is committed to positive impact on the lives of smallholder farmers and on the environment through sustainable supply chains?
To strengthen its partners and to coordinate and monitoring the implementation of its project/programs in the Asia region, IDH is looking for a Regional Program Officer to support the IDH Asian Regional Hub, including (but not limited) to 4 countries of Indonesia, India, Malaysia and Vietnam.
As Regional Program Officer (RPO) you have the opportunity to contribute to facilitating and driving impact in dynamic sustainable landscape programs. You work in a team with a Business Unit Director, Regional Director, Program Directors, Operations Manager, Program Managers and Operations team members in our Regional Asia Landscape programs of the Business Unit Landscape. RPO can also play a role of coordinating landscape teams from 4 countries, connecting with global thematic teams, giving you the chance to experience many sides of the organization.
As RPO you help in technical, administrative and operational activities such as learnings consolidation, coordinating, contracting, regional program planning and reporting and preparing the logistics and sometimes facilitating for meetings and events. You make sure we are compliant with our donors’ requirements and support the reporting to IDH’s donors. You support the regional director to review proposals, reports, invoices and etc submitted by the countries’ teams. You support your learnings, coordination and communication colleagues with activities like writing plans, reports and online visibility. In sum, you mainly provide all-round key administrative and some technical support to the teams in the Asia region.
- Program and project management: Support the operational aspects for Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, India landscapes, including but not limited to:
- Review project reports, invoices and provide inputs for RD to consider and release approval
- Develop annual plans, annual reports (esp. on operational and KPIs) and support the writing of fund-raising proposals, based on inputs from country teams
- Other tasks as required
Operation of regional hub:
Support the smooth operation of regional hub, with key tasks but not limited to:
- Developing working mechanism of the hub; managing working calendar of RD; meetings/seminars set up, content development, and follow up
- Operational issues recorded, advised for known ones and brainstorm/seek with colleagues/HQ for new ones.
Provide operational support for the development and implementation of Asia landscape and commodities strategies such as palm oil, coffee, spices and others
Work as a focal point for insights learning and sharing for the region
Support the development of the practical and tailor-made learning workplan for the region
- Implement the learning workplan
- With external consultant, develop learning papers for both internal and external
Who you are
You are an organized, service-oriented, self-motivated team player with a strong interest in supply chain sustainability and processes. You like to get things done. With your analytical and practical skills, you are able to be the optimal support to the Landscape teams. You communicate easily and are used to work with cross-cultural teams. You are curious, able to work independently and learn fast as you make sure you get to know the programs and projects quickly. You work in a results-oriented, flexible, hands-on manner and are used to working a high paced environment.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in trade, economics, agriculture or relevant with +5 years of relevant working experience in an international environment;
- Experience in program management & (financial) administration & project budgeting;
- Knowledge of agronomy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially a very good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Excellent Spoken and written communication skills in Vietnamese (native) and English (fluent);
- Strong presentation, writing and coordination skills and the ability to communicate in cross-cultural situations.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. We offer a gross monthly salary (based on a 40 hour week) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink Vietnam – Regional Program Officer | IDH, the Sustainable Trade Initiative (inhroffice.com)
IDH Vietnam Office
Room 401, B1 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound
No. 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
Interested candidates should send their CV/resume and application letter (in English), explaining your interest and capabilities for the position, to Ms. Le Thi Huong Lan, HR Officer, at email@example.com before April 15th 2022 mentioning “Application for Regional Program Officer” in the subject line.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhsustainabletrade.com.
IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative
Arthur van Schendelstraat 500,
3511 MH Utrecht
P.O. Box 1241, 3500 BE UTRECHT, The Netherlands
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by April 15th , 2022.