The timeline for submission was extended to the 11th of January 2021!
The overall objective of this assignment is an evaluation of the impact of the Farmfit Africa program, with a specific focus on the work of Farmfit Business Support and Farmfit Intelligence. This evaluation shall consist of the development of an evaluation framework, a mid- and end-term evaluation to measure the outcome and (where applicable) impact-level achievements of the Farmfit program as well as an analysis of IDH’s contribution to the observed changes. The scope of this evaluation does not cover project-level evaluations.
The specific objectives of this project are:
- Evaluation of the Farmfit approach using a mixed methods approach. This shall include a review of the knowledge and evidence product creation approach against its intended outcomes and impact statements. Key elements of the Farmfit approach:
- Use of business model analysis to assess the TA and finance needs of the company in relation to its service delivery model (SDM) to ensure the efficient and effective use of public and private funds for maximise return on impact.
- Co-funding of TA projects to create investable smallholder-inclusive business models that generate impact for both companies and farmers and create the conditions for match-making companies to financial institutions to provide access to capital.
- Use of a standardized (data collection) methodology for aggregate insights creation to share intelligence with the wider sector beyond Farmfit’s beneficiaries.
- Evaluation of the outcomes of the Farmfit program. This shall include the assessment of project-related evidence at company and farm level against its intended outcomes and impact statements (see annex in TOR on available data sources)
The assignment will ultimately lead to an assessment and clear formulation of IDH contributions to outcome and (where applicable) impact changes at the program level.
Proposals in English, together with all necessary accompanying documents, must be submitted on 11th of January 2021 by closure of business, to: Heidrun Kollenda, Senior Innovation Officer, Farmfit Intelligence (Kollenda@idhtrade.com)
For any clarifying questions regarding these Terms of Reference or on the submission of your proposal, kindly send an email to Heidrun Kollenda, Senior Innovation Officer – (Kollenda@idhtrade.com) by the latest 3rd of January 2021. The answers will be shared with all parties that have indicated their interest in the tender on the 4th of January 2021.