To support global efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, GreenLeader is currently establishing in Cambodia a Responsible Business to initiate, lead and develop an inclusive, ethical and sustainable supply chain for cassava – representing the Country’s second most important agricultural crop after rice.
The IDH-managed Technical Assistance Facility (LDN TAF) to the Land Degradation Neutrality Fund, in collaboration with Chamroeun Microfinance Plc. and Platform – Invest in Impact, seeks to support GreenLeader on its way to investment readiness. In order to do this, IDH invites eligible consultants to submit a proposal for the assignment to conduct a techno-economic feasibility study aiming to prepare the ground for successfully initiating, implementing and strengthening the adoption of Conservation Agriculture techniques by Smallholder Cassava Farmers under contract farming with GreenLeader.
The main objectives of the assignment are:
- Assess the potential for promoting Conservation Agriculture as a cassava crop production model and evaluate farmers’ adoption potential.
- Identify gaps/weaknesses in existing Farmer Associations and local input supply chains and propose plans to overcome these.
- Evaluate farmers’ willingness and capacity to access debt financing to support the transition to Conservation Agriculture practices, and under what conditions.
- Refine and sharpen GreenLeader’s Technical Assistance plan and resource allocation strategy.
- Identify specific Technical Assistance needed to enable female smallholders to participate in the contract farming scheme offered by Green Leader.
- Reflect on innovative incentive and rewarding schemes encouraging agricultural value chain actors (especially farmers) to transition to Conservation Agriculture.
We invite you to read the Terms of Reference below and to submit your proposal before the 6th of September 2021.
Investments in Land restoration and Sustainable Land Management (SLM) practices are needed to avoid, reduce and reverse land degradation. The Land Degradation Neutrality Technical Assistance Facility (LDN TAF), managed by the IDH – The Sustainable Trade Initiative, is able to provide technical assistance to projects in implementation stage so that LDN Fund clients have greater capacity to implement projects to a higher technical standard and/or with increased positive social and environmental impacts. More information on the LDN TAF can be found here.