Farmers Reached or Proposed: 1200
Size of land: 250 ha
Duration: 2016 – 2018
Implementing Partner: DWR
Partners Involved: Hung Long JSC , Thành Nghĩa Agriculture Cooperative, Institute for Water, Environment and Irrigation, Center for Irrigation Consultant and Technology Transfer
About The Project
There is a rising need for the development and application of a new model for irrigated vegetable production. Advanced water saving irrigation solutions should be adopted to cope with drought and climate change. In this project, a model of water saving irrigation at small-scale will be developed for vegetable production and efficient and sustainable water sources exploitation in Don Duong district, as a model for irrigation and sustainable development of 4,000 hectares of arable land along Da Nhim river in Don Duong district.
The project aims to cover these impact areas:
- Improved landscape competitiveness as sustainable sourcing area
- Improved household income/ resilience
- Increased number of smallholders with (food) crop diversity
- Decreased water pollution levels in the main water bodies in the landscape
- Stable or increased water quantity in key ground and surface water sources in the landscape.
By implementing these strategies:
- Development and up gradation of irrigation system including pumping station, canals, storage ponds, on-farm irrigation system, introducing water pricing system accordingly with water volume used
- Piloting and promotion of sustainable irrigation models in vegetable production for an arable land strip along Da Nhim river and downstream of Da Nhim district.
For more information:
Trần Thị Quỳnh Chi | email@example.com
Lê Thị Kim Cúc | firstname.lastname@example.org