By uniting companies around joint goals and ambitions and setting sector-wide approaches, SIFAV is driving action in supply chains. Thus making it possible for you to gain speed and efficiency in your sustainability journey. Also, joining SIFAV will give you the opportunity to learn from other companies, access jointly developed tools and policies ultimately leading to cost savings and efficiency gains.
Environmental: To work together with their supply chain partners to measure and reduce the environmental footprint of priority products by 2025, amongst others:
- 25% carbon footprint reduction in three priority products;
- 25% food loss and waste reduction in three priority products;
- Reduction of water use to best practice levels in 3 jointly selected catchments;
- Implementation of water standards (third-party verification) for 70% of volume from high water risk countries. Click here to download the SIFAV list of high water risk regions.
- Implementation of jointly approved social third-party verification, to at least 90% of volume coming from high- and medium-risk countries by 2025. Click here for the SIFAV risk country classification.
- Taking a first step in improving Living Wages or Living Income, by analysing living wage and living income gaps in one of their supply chains and if possible, also making a commitment towards reducing these gaps.
- Implementing robust Human Rights and Environmental supply chain due diligence policies and processes according to OECD and UN Guidelines.
- Jointly and individually reporting on risks and progress on an annual basis from 2022 onward.
SIFAV is coordinated by IDH, the Sustainable Trade Initiative. Since its foundation in 2012, SIFAV has grown into a pan-European initiative with more than 40 partners, among them retailers, brands, traders, civil society organizations and other supporting parties.
SIFAV Chair & Senior Advisor Sustainable Business, Nature’s Pride
Senior Director, Food Loss and Waste, WWF
Director Product Safety & Social Compliance, Ahold Delhaize
Corporate Partnership Manager, Solidaridad
Chair of the Roadmap on Living Wages Steering Committee; Deputy Director at IDH
André G. Boer
Lead Buyer Fruit and Vegetables, C.I.V. Superunie B.A.
Expert Sustainable Sourcing, Colruyt Group
Sustainability Manager, Primeale United
Corporate Business Development Manager, Greenyard Group