The Roadmap on Living Wages
A joint effort of organizations, companies and retailers, such as ALDI Nord, ALDI SOUTH, Axfood, Metro, Rewe Group, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Jumbo, Superunie, Albert Heijn (represented by CBL) Afriflora, Dole, Eosta, Fyffes, Taylors of Harrogate, and Unilever, committed to developing aligned solutions for measuring and closing living wage gaps.
In order to take action, organizations and companies need:
- Reliable living wage benchmarks for every region they source from;
- Understanding of current salaries and how these compare to living wage benchmarks;
- Uniformity in what and how living wage gaps are verified, in the measurement and implementation;
- Support to undertake projects that help reduce living wage gaps;
- Access to best practices and learning on how the gaps can be reduced over time.
Joining forces will further strengthen international alignment and ensure the adoption of a uniform approach regarding living wages. This is necessary to avoid duplication of efforts and confusion along supply chains.
* required fields