To act, companies need:
- Reliable living wage benchmarks for every region they source from;
- Understanding of workers’ current earnings and how these compare to living wage benchmarks;
- Uniformity in how living wage gaps are verified;
- Practical solutions to remove barriers and close living wage gaps;
- Access to best practices and learning on how the gaps can be reduced over time.
IDH supports companies with all these steps through the Roadmap and the developed tools. Already a great group of companies and organizations are part of the Roadmap. Will you join too and use the Roadmap?
Learn more in this explanation video:
IDH is calling out to companies taking the next step in their living wage commitment to take action and secure living wages for women and men in the workplace.
“IDH played a key role in converging , aligning efforts to move the living wage agenda in the banana supply chain. To ensure its success, it will require the whole value chain to work collaboratively and to find sustainable solutions together. In addition to listen to all relevant stakeholders, the methodologies and tools developed by IDH enable everyone to work within a similar framework and evaluate living wage gaps in a similar fashion.”