Cocoa & Forests Initiative at COP26
November 3rd 12:00-13:00
Ghana Pavilion, Blue Zone, Scottish Event Campus (SEC), UNFCCC COP 26, Glasgow, SCOTLAND
This event hosted by the government of Ghana will include a contribution by the Minister of Land & Natural Resources, IDH – the Sustainable Trade Initiative, the World Cocoa Foundation and industry partners. For IDH, it is important to reaffirm the Cocoa & Forests Initiative as the arena for government and private sector partners to address the issue of deforestation within the cocoa sector. After four years of implementation, this event will demonstrate the alignment of the signatories as stipulated in the Joint Framework for Action, look beyond commitment and towards action for the 2nd phase of implementation, and consider the challenges and opportunities of the close collaboration ahead for its implementation under the facilitation of IDH and the World Cocoa Foundation.
Given the Initiative is also generating interest in other African countries as well as in Latin America, this event will share the model and achievements of the Cocoa & Forests Initiative with governments and companies interested in enhancing cocoa sustainability and protecting forests.
- Panel Moderator: Daan Wensing
- Hon. Samuel A.Jinapor, Minister of Lands and Natural Resources (MLNR), Ghana
- Ynsa Traoré, Representative of the Minister of Water and Forests (MINEF), Côte d’Ivoire
- Carlos Eduardo Correa, Minister of Environment and Sustainable Development – Government of Colombia
- Dr Emmanuel Opoku, Deputy CEO of Ghana Cocoa Board
- Martin Short, President of the World Cocoa Foundation (WCF)
- Cathy Pieters, Senior Director Sustainable Ingredients & Cocoa Life at Mondelēz International
- Rob Cameron, Vice President Global Head of Public Affairs and ESG Engagement at Nestlé
- Barry Parkin, Chief Procurement and Sustainability Officer/ Board Chair at Mars, Incorporated
Click here to read more about the Cocoa & Forests Initiative