The Global Launch Event
Do you see rapid growth in the future for sustainable agricultural commodities? Do you see potential for global impact with the right collaboration?
During its Global Launch on December 15th, SourceUp connected with other sustainable sourcing visionaries and discovered how SourceUp can help source large volumes of commodities, competitively and at scale in line with corporate sustainability goals.
The event featured speakers Daan Wensing (CEO, IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative), Chris Brett (Lead Agribusiness Specialist, The World Bank) and Fernando Sampaio (Executive Director, PCI Mato Grosso).
Watch the recording
How does SourceUp it work?
SourceUp aims to lift the base sustainability level of landscapes while enabling sourcing in line with sustainability commitments, at scale. It brings together buyers and jurisdictional / landscape initiatives in one place. It also ensures that credible information on sustainability progress and action is shared, on both sides.
The beta SourceUp platform is now live at www.sourceup.org. We’ve populated the platform with a set of Compacts and will be adding more, soon. We’ve also made new materials on how it works and developed an FAQ.
On SourceUp the term “Verified Sourcing Area” is used for the status of a Compact that has started reporting on the core indicators and results have been assessed by a panel. With that, we set the bar for areas to be recognized in buyers’ responsible sourcing programs.
If you are engaged in a jurisdictional or landscape initiative and want to feature on the platform, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this beta phase we are excited to get your inputs, thoughts and ideas about how we can make SourceUp a success for all of you. There’s plenty to do, and we’d love to collaborate. We also have a roadmap for further platform development that is ongoing, where you can request features. Access to deeper levels of the platform is in the beta phase restricted to users by invitation. If you are already involved in, or supporting a Compact, you will receive your login details soon.
Documents on SourceUp
- The SourceUp brochure offers an overview on what SourceUp is and how it works.
- The SourceUp policy is the backbone document which will rule the platform and set the minimum requirements for landscape/jurisdictional initiatives to report. Other elements like data governance, indicators, reporting requirements , corporate engagement modes and claims will also be described. Moreover, the policy will also include the criteria for the coalition of stakeholders (Compacts) to become a Verified Sourcing Area.
- The Compact manual is a step by step guidance for local stakeholders willing to initiate a Compact and/or report a landscape initiative through the SourceUp platform. It helps these stakeholders to implement the criteria and requirements listed in the SourceUp policy.
SourceUp Global Steering Committee Members
- Willem Klaassens Secretariat – SourceUp
- Justin Adams / Leony Aurora Tropical Forest Alliance
- Chris Brett The World Bank
- John Buchanan Conservation International
- Toby Gardner Stockholm Environment Institute / Trase
- Ignacio Gavilan Consumer Goods Forum
- Nadia Hoarau-Mwaura Jacobs Douwe Egberts
- Daniel Kandy US Department of State
- Juliana Lopes Grupo Amaggi
- Patrick Mallet ISEAL Alliance
- Martin Huxtable / Rauf Prasodjo Unilever
- Meghan Ryan / Natasha Schwarzbach Pepsico
- Ruth Nussbaum Proforest
- David Pendlington Mars Wrigley
- Fernando Sampaio PCI, Mato Grosso
- Frances Seymour World Resources Institute
- Gita Syahrani / Ristika Putri Lingkar Temu Kabupaten Lestari Secretariat
- Daan Wensing IDH – the Sustainable Trade Initiative
For any inquiries or if you are engaged in a jurisdictional or landscape initiative and want to feature on the platform, please reach out to us:
Director Markets and SourceUp
Senior Program Officer and Content Manager
Annelotte Crena de Iongh
Senior Program Manager Food Crops & Ingredients
Senior Program Officer Markets & SourceUp, Landscapes
Interested in learning more? Receive the latest news on the SourceUp journey by signing up to the SourceUp Newsletter here:
|SourceUp Brochure 2021||Brochure||2021||-||-|
|Industry leaders and sustainability experts are creating a new model for sourcing agro-commodities sustainably at scale||Commitment||2020||-||-|
|Verified Sourcing Areas now part of SourceUp||Brochure||2019||-||-|
|VSA Compact Transparency Tool Background Review||Presentation||2019||-||-|
|Landscapes Factsheet: Verified Sourcing Areas (VSAs)||Brochure||2018||-||-|
|Verified Sourcing Areas (VSAs): Q&A from 4th Meeting of the Sustainable Landscapes Working Group – Singapore, 27 September 2018||Brochure||2018||-||-|
No publications found.