Suppliers & Workers
- Improve quality & productivity linked to increased wages
- Strengthen social dialogue and wage setting mechanisms
- Increase workers in-kind benefits
- Enhance workers’ skills
- Improve health & safety
- Improve human resource management
- Monitor & Evaluate wage situations
- Commit & Set reasonable targets
- Invest on suppliers’ activities
- Adopt sustainable procurement and trading practices: long term, transparent & stable contracts; pricing/using SPK; premiums.
- Market & Brand efforts
As part of the Roadmap on Living Wages, IDH wants to recommend trustworthy ways of verifying calculations of living wage gaps. For those interest in independent verification, IDH is currently developing a process for recognizing organizations that can help verify calculations on remuneration and living wage gaps through the appropriate use of the Salary Matrix.
Independent verification carried out by IDH-recognized organizations can support dialogue between producers, workers’ organizations and buyers for finding solutions to address potential differences between current remuneration and living wages. This process will be made available on this webpage during the second half of 2020
To overcome this century's challenges, we need structural change that puts living wage and living income at the core.
IDH supports companies identifying recommended living wage and gaps, as well as support to undertake projects to reduce the identified gap.
|Joint Declaration living wage and living income (governments of the Netherlands and Germany)||Other publications||2021|
|Response to joint declaration regarding Living Wage and Living Income||Other publications||2021|
|IDH Food Crops and Ingredients brochure (2021)||Brochure||2021|
|Matriz Salarial de IDH V.2||Toolkit and guide||2020|
|Webinar Living Wage Report||Report||2020|